Please note that this page will be regularly updated as new blog posts are published
In the United States, almost half of adults (46.4%) will experience a mental illness during their life. About 5% of adults (18 or older) will experience a mental illness in any one year – equivalent to 43.8 million people. If you or someone you know is struggling, the following are some of the services and treatment options available:
– General Information regarding Mental Health Treatment and Services
– Psychology Today offers a national directory of therapists, psychiatrists, therapy groups and treatment facility options.
– SAMHSA Treatment Services Locator provides referrals to low cost mental health care, substance abuse and dual diagnosis treatment (800) 662-4357
– Strategies for supporting someone with a mental health disorder
– National Suicide Prevention Life available 24/7 (800) 273-8255
– Find a Support Group
You can also go to the website of your state or county government
and search for the health services department.
Links are subject to change and may be out-of-date.